Tier 4 – Student Visa

Student Visa

Tier 4 General Student applicants may apply from outside the UK or, in some circumstances, from in the UK. Applicants must be aged 16 or over, and they may be able to apply to study a degree-level course or a lower level course.

The applicant must have received an unconditional offer of a full-time course from an educational institution in the UK which holds a Tier 4 sponsor licence, and they must have been issued with a CAS (confirmation of acceptance for studies) by the institution. The CAS is a virtual online document. Applicants who are already studying in the UK may be able to apply in the UK for a Tier 4 General visa extension so they can carry on studying their course and, in some circumstances, they may be able to apply for a visa extension so they can study a new course.

Applicants have to show that their English language ability is good enough and they also have to satisfy a financial requirement, which varies depending on the circumstances of the application. Tier 4 General students may in some cases be able to bring their dependants with them to the UK and they may in some cases be able to work part-time in addition to studying.

Settled Status in the UK refers to the immigration status granted to eligible EU, EEA, and Swiss citizens, as well as their family members, who were living in the UK before the end of the Brexit transition period (December 31, 2020). It allows individuals to continue living and working in the UK without any immigration restrictions. Settled Status is part of the UK government’s EU Settlement Scheme, which was introduced to protect the rights of EU citizens and their family members residing in the UK after Brexit. Once granted Settled Status, individuals are granted the right to stay indefinitely in the UK and enjoy various benefits and services.

Spouse visa uk

The application fee for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) in the United Kingdom varies depending on the type of visa you currently hold and your age. As of 2021, the standard application fee for an adult is £2,389, for a child is £1,012. However, if you are on certain types of visa, such as a spouse visa or a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa, the fee may be different.

You can check the updated fee on the UK government website or contact UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) for the most up-to-date information. It’s important to note that there are additional fees for biometric enrolment, which is required for almost all types of applications and it is usually £19.20 per person. It’s also important to be aware that the UK immigration rules are subject to change and there may be updates to the fee structure, so it’s best to check with the UKVI or the UK government website for the most recent information and fees.

A spouse visa in the UK, also known as a spouse visa / partner visa, is a type of visa that allows an individual to join their spouse or partner who is a British citizen or settled person in the UK. This visa category falls under the Family route of the UK immigration system.